Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Relics are upgradable loadout tools in Gauntlet that allow a hero to perform various beneficial and/or tactical actions in battle. Upon purchase a relic starts at its first rank with a single ability but can be upgraded two more times, each upgrade adding or expanding abilities for subsequently higher costs in gold. There are ten relics available for purchase, however, a hero can only equip one at the same time. Also, relics unlocked for one hero do not automatically unlock for another.
|Icon||Name||Cost||Description||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III|
|Boots of Ranadam||Fine Footwear of unknown origin, imbued with the power to bend time. Useful in a combat situation, sure, but also useful in most other situations as well.||Increases Move Speed and Attack Speed||Slows Nearby enemies||Cooldown Reduction|
|Tempest Locket||These magical lockets were favoured by the Storm Druids of Lach'lan, who would summon a whirlwind that would throw the enemy ranks into disarray.||Summons a Whirlwind that knocks monsters to the ground||Big Whirlwind||Increased Whirlwind Duration + Cooldown Reduction|
|Golden Feather||The origins of this artifact has long been debated by scholars and what creature it originally was taken from remains a mystery. Possessing the power to transmute sustenance into gold, this feather has become a symbol of avarice.||Turns Food and Potions within radius into Gold.||Cooldown Reduction||Cooldown Reduction|
|Firetrail Boots||These boots look brand new and come with a written note: Warning: Failure to follow safety instructions might result in severe burns and death. (The safety instructions seem to be missing)||Gives a short burst of Speed and leaves a Trail of Fire in your wake||Speed Burst Duration Increase||Cooldown Reduction|
|Freeze Ring||In centuries past, wielded by the sorcerers of Helheim, several of these prized artifacts would later find their way to frequent use by the high-tier law enforcement troops of Stivengrad, due to the rings' ability to make suspects literally freeze in place.||Unleashes a burst of ice that freezes enemies in place||Enemies are Slowed after breaking out of the freeze||Cooldown Reduction|
|Demonic Effigy||There is an ancient evil, the astral corpse of which is resting in the aether. This dead god is worshipped by a cult whose ultimate purpose is to resurrect their supreme deity.||Summons a Demon Gargoyle to fight for you||Gargoyle Attack Speed Increase||Cooldown Reduction|
|Chaos Amulet||Drawing on the chaotic energies of the Aether, this amulet creates an unstable connection with another being nearby, resulting in a destructive dimensional jump to its location. Many artifacts such as this one can be found within the shadowy covens of the Night Witches.||Marks a random enemy and after a delay, teleports you to its location dealing damage as you arrive||Invulnerable Until Teleport||Cooldown Reduction|
|Ghost Orb||This orb is cool to the touch. It seems to tug at the spirit from the other side.||Turns you and any allies close to you invisible||Invisibility Duration Increase||Cooldown Reduction|
|Siren's Lute||It is said that the sirens are sinister creatures that emerge from the darkest depths of the oceans using enchanted music to lure people to their doom. A single chord played on this instrument is enough to turn enemies into willing allies.||Charm Monsters to fight for you||Charm Duration Increase||Cooldown Reduction|
|Ring of Mirrors||Once in the possession of Yng the bard, who used it in his "one-man-band" performances, it was lost to legend after the bard's mysterious disappearance while travelling through the Myrian forests.||Summon illusions to fight for you||Summon 3 Illusions||Cooldown Reduction|
Unused Relics[edit | edit source]
|Windwalker Treads||3,000||Makes the wearer ethereal on use. The effect is lost upon attacking.||Greatly increases move-and-attack speed on use||Replenishes a small amount health on use|
|Heart of Vlad||10,000||Creates a life-draining aura around the user.||Increased radius||Reduce damage taken by 50% while relic is active.|
|The Eye of Dur||10,000||Summons a demonic imp to fight for you.||Increased Imp attack speed||Imp fireballs explode on impact.|
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- Using a Golden Feather in tandem with various spells (such as Ice Beam, Dark Torrent or Hellfire) can cause that spell to remain active indefinitely (until death) while the player retains full mobility. To perform this glitch, a player in control of Wizard (with the Golden Feather relic equipped, of course) must stand by either food or a potion, use an applicable spell and while channeling said spell, activate Golden Feather. If done correctly, the channeled spell will remain active even after the player has stopped intentionally channeling it.
- This glitch is capable of stacking. For example, if you were to perform this glitch five separate times with Wizard's Ice Beam without losing their effects (by dying), you would essentially be wielding five Ice Beams simultaneously. You can also channel multiple spells simultaneously this way.
- When applying this glitch to spells that produce audio when in use (such as the Ice Beam), this audio will continue for as long as the glitch is active by default. To circumvent this, manually invoke the spell that is causing the audio (e.g. Ice Beam) then release the spell. If done correctly, the spell will no longer produce audio unless invoked again.
- Once activated, there is no way to deactivate the glitch until that player dies or the floor is completed.
- If a player activates Chaos Amulet (and provided it locks onto an enemy) and walks into the floor's exit before teleporting, the player will activate the floor's completion countdown sequence but will still be teleported to the locked-on enemy shortly after. Once teleported, the player will be free to roam the floor until the countdown is completed and the floor ends.
- By using Ghost Orb and Shadowstrike together, Elf is capable of staying invisible indefinitely. To do so, activate Ghost Orb and before it wears off, activate the Smoke Bomb ability of the Shadowstrike bow. Repeat the use of the Smoke Bomb for extended invisibility.
- Tempest Locket can usually break breakable walls. This is fairly consistent behavior and therefore very likely to be intentional—making it not a glitch. However, if it is intentional, the glitch would then be the fact that the Tempest Locket often fails to break said walls.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before the Slayer Edition update, relics used to be fueled by potions. Now they are limited by cool downs, while potions fuel talismans. Some relics have also been changed and all of them have had their costs increased.
- Based on their descriptions, each of the unused relics appear to have been rehashed into other aspects of the game. Windwalker Treads seemed to be what is now Ghost Orb in function but with the icon of Boots of Ranadam, Heart of Vlad was undeniably transformed into Lilith's Heart (possibly suggesting that Necromancer had been a planned character since before the game's original release), while The Eye of Dur appears to simply be little more than Demonic Effigy under a different name and icon.